Saturday, 1 November 2014

Challenge 21


Welcome to November Clarity crafters!

It's exhibition time at the moment so Barbara and Clarity are busy dashing all over the country. Port Sunlight and the SECC have been ticked of the list and it's the NEC next weekend.  Hands up who's been to one of the shows!  Hands up if you've spent a small fortune!

Barbara will be on our television screens tomorrow from 9 until 11 with some fab new stamps and stencils and of course inspiration galore.  We have a live chat during the show on the Clarity facebook page if you wanted to come and join in.


********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Monday.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout November:

Travel
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

The clocks have been changed, the nights and mornings are darker, the leaves are falling off the trees and it's getting cooler.  Who's got their central heating on already?

Maybe you're starting to think about your summer holiday or a day or two away for Christmas.  Well we have just the challenge to get your minds thinking.  Create a card, tag or even a 3d project selecting from the vast array of Clarity travel stamps.  I wonder how many miles we will all have travelled by the end of the month.  Happy crafting...

You could win a £50 voucher if you are randomly selected as our winner at the end of the month and become our guest designer for the next challenge.

Good luck with the challenge!!

Here is a little bit of inspiration from the design team:












(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 19)


I'm a fifty something office worker who dabbles with paper crafts.  I don't think I was ever particularly artistic as a child and I dropped art at school as quickly as possible, but I've always wanted to be able to make things.  My first foray into rubber stamping was with a small collection of penguin stamps, which I used to personalise my letters (I collect penguins!), but I didn't understand how to add colours or make scenes.

My first attempt at card making was to recycle Christmas cards - supposedly this was going to be how to save money! Then, a few years ago, my sister made a family scrapbook as a Christmas present for our parents and also gave both me and Mum a starter kit to encourage us to do some paper crafting and it snowballed from there.

I do a lot of my crafting with Mum and we share most of our stash, with a few duplicate items such as gelli plate, blending mat and tools and the occasional favourite stamp.  We enjoy watching Barbara on Create and Craft (and now on YouTube Tuesdays too) and particularly like the landscape style of cards made with the brayer.  I've been inspired by her demos and blog to try various different techniques.  I enjoy using the gelli plate with ink pads but haven't experimented with acrylics yet. 

We attend the Happy Stampers north west exhibition in Port Sunlight each year and spend a small fortune there!

I can often struggle to find my crafting mojo and I don't think I could ever make a living from my card making because each one takes me so long.  I um and ah over colour schemes and layouts for ages before committing!  There's many an evening when all I seem to have made is a mess, although I do enjoy messing around with my stamps and inks and every now and then I manage to create a card, that at least in part, resembles the image I had in my head!


********

Here's Dawn's card for this months challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you
claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 30th November (GMT) to enter.




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us as our guest designer this month Dawn. I love the thought that has gone into your card and you have certainly travelled some miles around the world with your great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dawn what a great card and a super idea I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn what a lovely card, such soft tones. Very clever. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic DT cards ladies as always. What a really lovely card Dawn. No problem with mojo here! Hugs to all. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Dawn. Perfect for the travel theme. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Dawn. Well done. Beautiful DT cards as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great inspiration from the DT - thankyou xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous DT samples and loved Dawn's artwork too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx