Monday, 1 September 2014

Challenge 19


It doesn't seem long ago that we were talking about the schools breaking up for their summer holidays and now we're talking about them going back!  New school uniforms have been purchased, lunch boxes are ready to be filled and tissues are at hand for those mums whose youngsters are going to school for the first time.

What has Barbara and the Clarity team been up to in August?

Barbara had an all day extravaganza on Create and Craft and she was talking Christmas.  Did you manage to get your bespoke stamp?

Then we've had the ice bucket challenge where Barbara nominated all of the design team to take part. If you're on facebook you will have seen them already, but if not check them all out below.  Barbara has also set up a Just Giving page so that donations can be made to this worthy cause.

(click on the link above to donate)
















********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Wednesday.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout September:

Nature
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

The challenge this month is all about "Nature", so you can take your pick whether you use your animal stamps, leaves, trees or any of the stencils within the Clarity collection.  Why not go to town and create something 3D or paint a canvas.  We would love to see your nature creations and you could also win a £50 voucher if you are randomly selected as our winner at the end of the month.  I bet you like the sound of that one don't you?












(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 16)

My name is Massimo and I'm 6 1/2 years old.  I've been crafting since I was young, starting at nursery with a lot of gluing, glittering and painting etc.  Then it all changed about 2 years ago!  My mum was watching this woman on telly who was stamping and making cool pictures and she was asking people to send in homework.  My mum was sending something in and I wanted to send something too.

The first piece I sent was dreadful really, it was just blotches of colour all over the nice wreath my mum had stamped, but Barbara showed it just the same.  I was so excited when I heard my name being mentioned I was jumping up and down and shouting "that's me"!  So of course I wanted to do this again and started sending in homework every month.  Seeing my cards on the telly was awesome.

Then I decided I wanted to meet Barbara so my mum took me with her to the NEC in November last year.  I couldn't believe that Barbara was for real,  I thought she lived in the telly!  It was so cool and Barbara gave me the Clarity badge like all the grown ups too!


Next it was the gelli plate, I'm hooked on this.  Splodging that paint on, using stencils and pulling those fab prints is quite addictive and gives me great pleasure.  I love using all my mum's stash to create gorgeous prints.

Then suddenly the classroom disappeared off the telly, I couldn't understand why I couldn't send in my cards any more and why Barbara wasn't on the telly.  So I'm actually doing less stuff now but occasionally I need a card and then I will go and have a look at our Clarity stamp collection and decide what to do.  My favourite technique is creating landscapes with distress inks, brushes and masks.

My favourite question to my mum is "am I the best 6 year old crafter that you know?" and you know, she always answers "yes".

********

Here's Massimo's card for this months challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you
claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 30th September (GMT) to enter.




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx




15 comments:

  1. Fab card Massimo. You are definitely the best 6 year old crafter that I know too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards from the design team. Massimo your card is amazing and you're definitely the best 6 year old crafter that I'm aware of. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome for a six year old loved reading about you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DT cards and Massimo is an awesome crafter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Massimo your name is on the Blog!! How fantastic is that? Loving your card, your work is amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Massimo your card is fantastic, I certainly think there aren't many 6yr olds that could do that, probably not many 60yr olds. Keep up the good work X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Massimo that is fantastic you are very talent you little star xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Massimo your card is stunning, you should be on the telly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Massimo your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous DT cards and a great challenge.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Massimo. You are very clever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Massimo - you are the best 6 year old crafter that I know too, but I do know a 5 year old crafter who is getting to be very good, so keep practising!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Massimo is one very clever and talented artist! A fabulous card from him and I am sure we will see more of his creations in the future.
    Thanks for a fab challenge and fantastic inspiration Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous entries everyone especially Massimo! Wonderful samples from all the Design Team Too. Best of luck to everyone entering this month. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done Massimo. Amazing entries from everyone, so difficult to choose, thank goodness I don't have to, good luck to the team :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx