Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Challenge 17


Where did June go?  It seemed to disappear in a flash didn't it?

We've seen plenty of new Clarity products this month including aprons, stencils and the mega mount. Check them all out here.

Barbara has Grace home for a few weeks and has already diversified and set up a studio in her living room to assist Grace with a screen shot, check out the story on Barbara's blog.

Did you go to the Clarity Open Days in Crowborough?  It was certainly busy!  Barbara was demonstrating along with Paul Church, Maria Simms, Sam Crowe, Jo Rice, Dee Paramour and Amanda Branston.

Barbara is back on our TV screens on Sunday 6th July, between 9am and 11am with the Clarity show. For those of you on facebook, the Clarity fan page will be hosting a live chat so that you can join like minded people at the same time as watching Barbara.  Some of the design team will be on hand too if you wanted to join us.

********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Wednesday.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout July:

Anything Goes
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

This months theme gives you a chance to use your Clarity products without having to adhere to a particular theme.  You can try those new techniques you've learnt from demonstrations, the Clarity YouTube channel or from a workshop you've attended.

Let us know where you learnt the technique or what you like about or if you attend one of the regional workshops.  We'd love to hear from you and can't wait to see your artwork.

If you'd like to know which products have been used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their names.

You could be the winner of this months £50 Clarity voucher.  Sound tempting?










(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 15)


I started crafting fully last April after attending a craft fair and finding some lovely paper flowers.  I left the fair without buying the flowers but decided to make them myself instead.  I had always enjoyed making things with the kids when they were young and was really happy when both my Mum and Mother in law loved them  It also gave me the confidence to make some more.  I then ventured into making nappy cakes and other bits including jewellery.

I never thought I would ever enjoy making cards until a couple of months ago when I was at another fair and had seen some of the cards that other people were selling.  I thought I'd give it a try as I couldn't find a birthday card suitable for one of my friends.  I haven't looked back since!

I fell ill not long after and have since been diagnosed with Functional Neurology Disorder so have found that crafting was the one thing that took my mind of feeling unwell and allowed me to concentrate on something productive.  It's my therapy!

I love making cards more than anything else at the moment and have even joined a design team which I was ecstatic about.  I thought it would be a long time before I could do anything like that, but here I am learning more and more each day.

I have found Barbara a fabulous mentor, I've learnt so much from watching YouTube Tuesday and following her blog every day.  I also learn from my monthly crafty club - Glasgow Craftaholics Anonymous - and having crafty friends around to swap tips and try new things.

I couldn't believe that I'd won the last challenge as it was my very first time of entering  It has given me more confidence to enter other competitions and challenges.

Thank you xx


********


Here's Denise's card for this months challenge



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you
claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st July (GMT) to enter.




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Denise. It's such a tranquil scene. Congratulations on your win. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Guest Design piece Denise - congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Denise, hope to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your crafting journey with us Denise and for sharing your inspiration for this challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, congratulations Denise - Dawn Craftaholics Anonymous - Glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inspirations from all of you and thanks for another great challenge ladies! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck to you all with this month's challenge. Wonderful art work everyone. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx