Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Challenge 14


Pinch, punch - welcome to April.  How many April fools jokes will you be caught up in today I wonder?

Barbara will be back on our TV screens on Sunday 6th April between 9am and 11am with the Clarity show. I wonder who will be joining her this month?  For those of you on facebook, the Clarity fan page will be hosting a live chat so that you can chat with like minded people at the same time as watching Barbara.  Some of the design team will be on hand too if you wanted to join us.

We will, of course, have a post on here after the show to remind you of all of the stamps, stencils and Clarity products used and a selection of the design teams artwork.

********

Have you checked out Barbara's blog today?  She has launched a Clarity YouTube channel and her blog will feature a video each week.  You've got to check out today's offering including the out takes, they're so funny!

********


The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Thursday.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout April:

Monochrome
using varying shades of one colour
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

We all have our favourite colours don't we, but have you tried creating your artwork using just that one colour using varying shades of it?  This challenge will test your skills using this technique whilst still utilising all of the lovely Clarity products.

Here's some inspiration from the Clarity stamp challenge design team.  If you'd like to know which products they've used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their names.

You could be the winner of this months £50 Clarity voucher.  Sound tempting?












(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 12)


I've always liked trying different crafts for as long as I can remember.  Sewing was a passion when I was younger and I suppose I'm not the type of person who can sit and do nothing, so when a friend introduced me to card making I was delighted.  I don't have a great deal of time to craft as we have a large garden to deal with and both my husband and I enjoy travelling.

I'm very much a novice as there are so many techniques I haven't tried yet.  I'm trying to remedy that by going to one of the monthly Clarity workshops ru by Janet Pring at Great Blakenham in Suffolk. It's good to try new techniques with someone who knows the pitfalls and can help you overcome some of your 'crafting phobias'.

Watching Barbara on TV is a must and something my husband has learnt to live with.  She and her team at the office as well as around the country are definitely an inspiration to us all.  I never cease to be amazed by the beautiful and diverse cards that are produced for the challenges.  I love to take part, trying to make what stamps I have fit the task.

I won't tell you how many goes I had to make my guest designer card before I was pleased with the result.  I did however learn a great deal on the way!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

********

Here's Anne's card for this month's challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you

claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 30th April (GMT) to enter.




xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx



24 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Anne - your stencilled, undulating hills are brilliant and I love the way the crooked fence leads the eye through the picture. Look out for my slightly grungier version I'm sure! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki. Looking forward to seeing it.

      Delete
  2. Had a wee chuckle at your comments Anne:
    'I won't tell you how many goes I had to make my guest designer card before I was pleased with the result. I did however learn a great deal on the way!'
    That's exactly me, a novice, very willing to learn and try loads of attempts until I am happy!
    I just love your card, the colours, the layout and the techniques are gorgeous. Off now to get my thinking cap on x Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly. I look forward to seeing your entry.

      Delete
  3. wonderful inspiration from the team - i look forward to taking part xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scene Anne. Like Nikki, I love the way you've done the fence at the front. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning ideas for this month challenge. Thanks to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great inspiration from the DT, love your card Anne, your colour choice is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It will be nice to sit back and watch what everyone else creates.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous inspiration as always from the design team - I especially love Jane's design which is right up my street. Anne your card is wonderful - well done. Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love Jane's card too.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic card Anne. Lovely to see more of your work. xx Great designs from the fabulous Design team too. Hugs to all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma. I am working on a blog but only have the cards I have made with Janet Pring up there at the moment. You could say a work in progress.

      Delete
  9. Super card Annie, looking forward to seeing more and you experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some fabulous entries. Well done everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so many amazing entries, good luck everyone :-) Its going to be a tough one to judge the top 5

    ReplyDelete
  12. These entries are fantastic, the standard is getting very high. There are some very talented people. Good luck to everyone. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful DT makes! I really enjoy entering your challenges and have just posted mine with 1 day to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What absolutely amazing entries, beginning to wish I hadn't bothered lol. Good luck everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get out of it Emma! You entry is just stunning! xx

      Delete
  15. I just can't believe the quality of everyone's beautiful work this month, the ideas, colours and finish are just outstanding! Thank you for your continued participation and support. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such amazing entries this month. I would imagine it will be extremely hard to pick a top 5. I thought I had time to come up with something tomorrow, but this eve realised that the deadline is almost upon us! I must try harder to get something in for the May challenge. :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx