Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Challenge 11



Happy New Year and welcome to 2104!

We'd like to thank all of our Clarity crafters for supporting the challenge since it's launch on 1st March 2013.  We've loved seeing each individual piece of artwork and how you've interpreted the themes in so many different ways.  They've all been individual, not one of them the same and all this from a piece of blank card.

What are your plans for 2014?  Are you going to try a new technique?  Buy something that you've been looking at for ages or just carrying on with the status quo?  Good band by the way!!  We'd love to hear what your plans are...

********

The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced on Friday 3rd January to allow for the New Year celebrations (and the fuzzy heads to subside).  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout January:

New Beginnings
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

As we see in a new year we reflect back on the past year, on the good points and the bad and look forward to the new year ahead of us.  Some of you will be making new year resolutions, some of you will just carry on with your lives as before. Others will begin a new path, a new journey, turn over a new leaf...

With these thoughts in mind we have dedicated this challenge to all things 'NEW'.  We can't wait to see your artwork and hear about your new beginning.  If you email your entry to us we'll publish your story along with your artwork.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

********

You could be the winner of this months £50 Clarity voucher which means you get even more for your money if you are a member of the Clarity New Design Club as we currently have a half price sale running until the 1st February.

********

The Clarity stamp challenge design team have come up with some great ideas for this challenge, one of them is particularly witty!  Can you tell which one?  If you'd like to know which stamps they've used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their names.










(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 9)


My name's Sheila and I live with my partner and carer Tom.

Five years ago I retired from work due to my health.  I was devastated to be diagnosed with CFS/ME, but was sent on a course to teach me how to deal with my condition.  Whilst there I met a lovely lady, who also had ME, and she introduced me to card making.  I've always been into crafting i.e. knitting, embroidery, cross stitch but never card making.  She told me about Create and Craft and which websites to look at for craft bits.

As my illness took hold I used the internet for my shopping and built up my craft stash finding things I liked and could manage.  Stamping became my favourite as well as stencils and I found card making helped me through the pain.

Since being diagnosed with diabetes and fibromyalgia, no two days are the same and sometimes it takes me a week to make a card, but how good it feels to see the finished card.

I've started entering blog challenges in the past few months and it helps that they accept email entries as I don't have a blog myself, it's wonderful and makes me feel so special.

I watch Barbara's classroom shows on Create and Craft so that I can learn new techniques and I've also got 4 of her DVD's including the latest one and have just bought myself a gelli plate which I've used for my calendar card.

I was lucky enough to win the last challenge and it just shows how card crafting can change our lives and gives us a new beginning in our lives.

********

Here's Sheila's calendar card for this month's challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you

claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st January (GMT) to enter.



xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx


9 comments:

  1. Happy New year to you all xx What wonderful cards from the DT. Loving the sentiments and colour of Lynne's, Sam's Journal ( inspired - going to do one too), Amanda's is so pretty, Jo - well how did you know we were moving! excellent, Loving the brightness of the background Yvonne, How delicate your colours are to this new dawn Linda, loving the Celtic Knot Naomi, That is such a brilliant card Jane. Sheila, what a lovely calendar. Congratulations for being the winner for challenge 9. Well done to you.

    Looking forward to the coming year and the challenges it will give us all.

    Hugs to everyone

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing DT work. Great idea Sheila, I have that stencil, must have a go with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Dt work as always, especially lovely reading how crafting has helped Sheila come to terms with her medical condition, wonderful story and you are such a worthy winner and your featured designer piece is gorgeous xx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous DT work. Sheila well done to your win, and what a great calendar you've made. Looking forward to the new year and the challenges. Already have an idea with a New technic.....At least new to me!!!!
    Laurence xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous ideas and inspiration from the DT as is usual. Happy New Year to one and all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila what a lovely calendar love this stencil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards just wished my entry was on there never mind maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous entries in this months "New Beginnings" competition !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx