Sunday, 1 December 2013

Challenge 10


Welcome to December and we're now officially on the countdown to Christmas.  I wonder how many of you will be putting up your Christmas decorations this weekend?

As well as bringing you a new challenge, we've also got Barbara on our television screens this weekend with the last classroom show of the year as well as the other Clarity shows.

Have you been following Barbara's blog, One Day At A Time?  Boy are we being spoilt!  We get an insight into Clarity Towers, trips down memory lane, step by step tutorials, tips and techniques.  We're all glued to it and avidly await our daily dose of Barbara.  It's better than any tonic a doctor could issue isn't it?  How many of you head straight to your craft space to try out the ideas?  We'd love to see your artwork on our facebook fan page.

********

The lucky winner of the £50 Clarity voucher and our top 5 will be announced tomorrow along with a redraw of the DVD giveaway as it wasn't claimed.  Will you be one of the lucky winners?

********

Here's the theme for our new challenge which will run throughout December:

Scene Building
(using Clarity stamps ONLY)

There's one thing that most of us are not short of for this challenge and that's Clarity stamps!  Even if you only have a few, they are so versatile that you can turn a tree into a bush or a fence or even a tuft of grass. The only limit is your imagination.  So take a good look at your stamp collection and see what you can come up with and what scene you can create.  You now don't have to limit it to your stamp collections with the introduction of a great range of stencils.  Have you checked them out yet?

You could be the winner of this months £50 Clarity voucher.  Sound tempting?

The Clarity stamp challenge design team have had a look at their own collections and created some great scenes.  If you'd like to know which stamps they've used please visit their personal blogs by clicking on their names.











(Guest Designer - winner from challenge 8)


My name is Vanessa, and although originally from the North East, I now live in Peterborough with my long term partner Brian, son James, his girlfriend Amber and their 2 month old baby boy Oliver (so beautiful), and my two gorgeous cocker spaniels.

My life changed drastically several years ago when I was struck down with CFS/ME.  No longer able to work, in constant pain and being bedridden for most of the time I thought my life was over. However, as I found the correct medication and coping mechanisms i.e. plenty of rest, I found myself on my tablet surfing a lot.  This is when I found a local craft shop which was running a half day workshop. I instantly thought that my niece, who has special needs, might enjoy this.  She didn't, but I did, and my love of crafting was born.

I began watching Create and Craft and bought endless papers, inks and lots of stuff which I never use, but eventually found that stamping was what I enjoyed the most.  Crafting was something I could pick up when I felt well and leave when I was having bad days. There was no pressure, and sometimes it would take me days to produce one card, but I didn't mind.

I soon became facebook friends with some of the demonstrators and found a whole new world called blogland.  I was amazed at the talent of some of the company's design teams.  I have made a lot of new friends through my interest in crafting and found they are all so friendly and willing to share tips and help if you encounter any problems.

I watch Barbara Gray avidly.  She produces not only cards, but little pieces of art.  Her classroom shows are so inspiring. I thought I'll never be able to do that (brayering..... what's that all about) and then something quite unexpected happened.  One of Barbara's design team members Sally-Ann Hanes (Sazzle) started up a Clarity workshop which was being held just along the road from where I live, I couldn't believe it. My first workshop and I was brayering, and I could do it... amazing!

So what are you waiting for, the next £50 voucher could be yours!

********

Here's Vanessa's card for this month's challenge:



********

There are several ways of entering the challenge:
  • BLOG - if you have a blog, click on the blue froggy link below and follow the instructions, remembering to link to your blog post and not just your blog
  • EMAIL - if you don't have a blog you can send a photo of your project to us and we'll enter it for you

claritystampchallenge@hotmail.com

If you have have any questions relating to this challenge please don't hesitate to contact us.  We will answer as quickly as we can in the hope that we can make the Clarity Stamp Challenge go from strength to strength. We can't do this without you!

We hope you have fun with this challenge and we can't wait to see your projects.  You have until 20.00 on 31st December (GMT) to enter.


xx Happy crafting and Clarity hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow amazing inspiration from the DT yet again, lovely artwork from Vanessa too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful designs from the DT Team once again and a very lovely piece from Vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, I just love Clarity stamps x

      Delete
  3. Vanesssa your card is beautiful - I am so glad that you found crafting it helps people in a lot of ways. I am glad your found our Sally too and can attend her class, isn't she just lovely. Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally is brilliant, I love her classes x

      Delete
  4. Great inspiration. Will try to make something with that theme.....But not the greatest with it....
    Laurence x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab a piece of copy paper and play around with the stamps that you have and you'll be amazed at how versatile your stamps can be. Good luck with the challenge!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful Samples yet again, you guys never fail to amaze !! Will need to get my thinking cap on .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments, I truly appreciate them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to join in again this month will have to take inspiration from Jane as stamps she has used are the only Clarity ones I have at the moment (hope Santa is reading this) so that will be the challenge for me. Great DT cards so much inspiration.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Santa bought you some Clarity goodies Maggie!

      Delete
  8. Thanks all for your lovely comments and taking the time to leave them, it is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, each one is read and greatly appreciated xx